Re: Poll: Software

Actually I did that last night and thought we were opening up some other topics in the nonsensical vein.

A question: If you are reviewing submittal from someone on a fairly complicated structure. There are no detail drawings of the structure and the input doesn't reference any drawings although there is just on drawings that tells you how much the structure weighs, in this case some industrial equipment, some outlines and the anchorage plan. The input provides a lot of pretty colored comic book like graphics - but not much more than some max. stresses on some parts of the structure. Would you accept something like this if you have to sign off on it?

Neil

2/17/2014 12:47 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
I was referring to playing the software poll game, Neil.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
33171 Paseo Cerveza, Suite 221
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
V (949) 248-8588 • C (949) 374-1536

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of nma Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 11:50 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Poll: Software

Playing?
Before I started trail running, I had an old 1936 sail boat - Pajara in the SF Bay. Raced and sailed it a lot as well spent time rebuilding. It was a SS New York 32 design - 45 feet overall - 29000 lbs displacement. Loved to single hand. Moved to the hills and started the all day runs

Truncated 514 characters in the previous message to save energy.