RE: Texas PE Criminal Background Check Instructions

This background check, if for this reason (and it wouldn't surprise me
if that is the reason), is kind of like fishing with a net to catch that
one in 10,000 fish or 100,000 fish.  The problem is that the other 9,999
fish or 99,999 fish, non-terrorist engineers, have to pay to prove that
they are innocent.  And it doesn't even prove that they aren't planning
to do something; only that they've not be caught doing something
in the past.

If the terrorists would take the time to have pilots trained, or engineers
trained, why would they have them commit crimes that would show
up on a background check, before they do the big thing that they are
planning to do?  That doesn't make sense.  So the background check
costs lots of money and really doesn't do anything.

I wonder if a member or members of the Board has someone in
the business of doing background checks?  There's bound to be a
bunch of money getting funneled into that industry.

It would be great if all engineers refused to either get the background
check or refused to renew their registration in retaliation.  If Texas
had no registered engineers and the Texas Board didn't have the
revenue that those renewals generate, then there would have to
be some quick changes made to rectify the problem.

I suspect that too many engineers will go along with this
mandate and thereby hand more power to the Board/Govt.

Hopefully this bad idea doesn't spread out of Texas.

Take Care,
Lloyd