Re: Texas PE Criminal Background Check Instructions

This law is just not directed at engineers. From the architect's website:

/Design professionals were not “singled out” for this requirement; rather, this process is in place for many occupations, including doctors, engineers, nurses, lawyers, teachers, and many more./

The Texas Legislature passed these laws based on input from some outside group. I think it is a money-raiser for whoever owns the companies similar to the vehicle inspection program they tried to institute about 20 years ago; but that one backfired.

I have contemplated not renewing my licenses since I have to pay the fee twice, but medical costs have destroyed my savings several times in my life and without licenses, I am out of a job.

*Davis G. Parsons II PE RA *
/Texas Engineer 42397//
Texas Architect  9462/
Fort Worth, Texas