-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Davis Parsons Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:58 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Texas PE Criminal Background Check
Instructions

This law is just not directed at engineers. From the architect's website:

/Design professionals were not “singled out” for this requirement;
rather, this process is in place for many occupations, including doctors,
engineers, nurses, lawyers, teachers, and many more./

The Texas Legislature passed these laws based on input from some outside
group. I think it is a money-raiser for whoever owns the companies similar
to the vehicle inspection program they tried to institute about 20 years
ago; but that one backfired.

I have contemplated not renewing my licenses since I have to pay the fee
twice, but medical costs have destroyed my savings several times in my life
 and without licenses, I am out of a job.

*Davis G. Parsons II PE RA *
/Texas Engineer 42397//
Texas Architect  9462/
Fort Worth, Texas
817.366.0976

Truncated 1233 characters in the previous message to save energy.