RE: Texas PE Criminal Background Check Instructions

I now understand the purpose of the background check, for out-of-state
applicants at least.

Because you have to get on the phone with MorphoTrust so they can walk you
through all of the secret bogus input values (like only put in 9999999 for
your drivers licensing number) and then tell you when the system can’t
take your credit card that they are having ongoing problems with online
payment, and oh yea by the way there are no MorphoTrust finger printing
centers in your state so you just have to go to the local police department
 which may or may not have the correct FD-258 finger print card, and on and
 on.

So bottom line, if you don’t go "Postal" during the experience then you
must be emotionally stable enough to be an engineer in Texas, this has
nothing to do with finger prints, it's all about surviving the process.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, F.SEI, SECB, MgtEng
Structural Division Manager
Pennoni Associates Inc.
Office 215-222-3000 x7895
Mobile 908-309-8657