RE: Texas PE Criminal Background Check Instructions

I don’t have anything against the Great State of Texas, once lived there,
 vacationed there often, etc., but I am getting perturbed at the Texas
State Board. Here is my last email correspondence to the Executive Director
after he emailed me with what were additional bogus instructions for an
out-of-state renewal:

Mr. Howell,

I wanted to reiterate that I have confirmed with MorphoTrust and other
out-of-state engineers that I have contacted that there is NO way to
completely register, pay or schedule an appointment on line if you are an
out-of-state applicant.

So I would suggest that the Board communicate this limitation clearly in
any correspondence you send out to registrants because currently your
official instructions are misleading and therefore not conducive to the
effective implementation of this program for out of state applicants.

In short it appears that you are inadvertently or intentionally trying to
limit the ability of out-of-state engineers to renew their licenses.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, F.SEI, SECB, MgtEng
Structural Division Manager
Pennoni Associates Inc.
Office 215-222-3000 x7895
Mobile 908-309-8657