Retaining Wall Stem Design

Chris,

I am trying to use either Enercalc 6.14 retaining wall module or RetainPro
10 to design some free standing masonry screen walls and am confused as to
whether I am getting the correct results.

First, in both programs, can LRFD be used to design for masonry?? The
stress ratio seems to be so much different for LRFD as compared to ASD, and
 I am worried that using a "Design Method" of LRFD for masonry is not
correct.

Second, I am not sure what lateral load to put in- factored or unfactored.
If my seismic load on an 8'-0" tall CMU wall is 47 plf, (ASD), for the
Enercalc ret. wall module, it seems that to use the "Design Method" of LRFD
 it doesn't increase the load by 1.4, (to 66 plf), while in the RetainPro
it does increase the ASD moment at the base of the wall by 1.4.

There is a note in red at the bottom of the RetainPro 10 "stem" design that
 says "Verify That..." and I can't read it because it is only barely
visible above the bottom of my screen. What does this say? )I think it says
"Verify That Lap Lengths Are Available in Stem Section").

Thanks for your help and a quick reply would be appreciated as I need the
above questions answered before I can procede with job.

Larry Hauer, S.E.
KW-06002328/KW-06057345