-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Drew Morris Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 10:49 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Earth friction on sonotubes

I am reviewing the design of a foundation for a small barn for horses, 30'
x 36'.  The designer is using sonotubes of various diameters with an embed
depth of 2'-6".  To counter the uplift, the designer  is using the self
weight and is counting on friction between the sonotube and the earth per
IBC 2009 1810.3.3.4.