Re: Earth friction on sonotubes

No, it won't rot but why use it? The only time I use it is to prevent drilled piers from collapsing or to prevent mushrooming at the top.
Chuck Utzman,P.E.

On 2/24/2014 9:40 AM, nma wrote:
Doesn't the Sonotube usually rot out? I've seen something like this also but in metal sheds made out of bent tubing and corrugated sheet metal. The prospective client came to me because his engineer couldn't get this design passed by the local jurisdiction.

Neil Moore, PE, SE
neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers
shingle springs, california