Re: Earth friction on sonotubes

The barn will be located on a private lot and was cleared last fall. I am interested in using the sonotube only as a form, I am not sure about the soils staying in place after the hole is augured. Another option is to use one of the flared footing forms that the sonotube is stuck on top of. I can then use the weight of the soil above to resist the uplift.