Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck

I share your reaction to this request. We never get into all that
miscellaneous stuff, though I think something in our general notes covers
that the steel fabricator shall supply all necessary deck accessories. The
only time we would detail those conditions is if it was structural in
nature, like a cantilevered bent plate or angle at a deck edge.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Polhemus, William
<wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>wrote:

> All:
>
> I have a question from a contractor who I believe is not familiar with
> composite steel deck for floors, and who says he wants more detailed
> information on the end-, edge-, and gap-closures we show on our
> engineering drawings.
>
> Basically, I spec'ced out the deck, chapter and verse, then noted that
> the supplier should figure out all the stuff that goes with that for the
> above.
> It sounds as though he wants us to detail everything.
>
> I'm not well-versed in how this goes other, but assumed that so long as
> we show where everything goes, and the dimensions are clear, a typical
> deck supplier would handle this.
>
> Any comments based on experience?
>
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
> Lead Civil/Structural Engineer

Truncated 752 characters in the previous message to save energy.