Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck

Bill,
Sounds like they want "shop drawings."
As a start, SDI Standard Practice Details. Forty pages of deck details.

"Supplier" breaks down into several possible levels in the supply chain
(manufacturer, broker, dealer, contractor) but, whoever does it, they all
do the same thing - shop drawings are in-house drafting or external
specialty drafting service and they budget for it in the supply price.
Sounds like the contractor on your job missed that line item.

Regards
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.
PRansom@Paul Ransom.ca

> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:34:32 +0000
> From: "Polhemus, William" <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>
> Subject: RE: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck

> All:

> I have a question from a contractor who I believe is not familiar with
> composite steel deck for floors, and who says he wants more detailed
> information on the end-, edge-, and gap-closures we show on our
engineering
> drawings.

> Basically, I spec'ced out the deck, chapter and verse, then noted that
> the supplier should figure out all the stuff that goes with that for the
above.