Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck

Or doesn't care.

This is unfortunately one of those situations where the owner has the
contractor already on site, and whatever the contractor says, that's the
way it is as far as the owner's concerned.

In this case I am expecting the contractor to tell the owner that this is a
 change order, because he was expecting the engineer to provide all of this
 information. And the owner will just take that as gospel.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5

> On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:31 AM, "Paul Ransom" <PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> Sounds like they want "shop drawings."
> As a start, SDI Standard Practice Details. Forty pages of deck details.
>
> "Supplier" breaks down into several possible levels in the supply chain
> (manufacturer, broker, dealer, contractor) but, whoever does it, they all
> do the same thing - shop drawings are in-house drafting or external
> specialty drafting service and they budget for it in the supply price.
> Sounds like the contractor on your job missed that line item.
>
> Regards
> Paul Ransom, P.Eng.
> PRansom@Paul Ransom.ca
>
>> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:34:32 +0000
>> From: "Polhemus, William" <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>
>> Subject: RE: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck

Truncated 771 characters in the previous message to save energy.