Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
- Subject: Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck
- From: "Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc." <design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:40:54 -0500
- List-subscribe: <mailto:SEAINT-SEAOSCemail@example.com>
Bill,The AISC publishes a Code of Standard Practise. I believe the Canadian version may be similar in that it spells out the responsibilities of the various parties and that may help you. Best of luck. I have had to fight with contractors whose attitude was that the engineer was to supply everything including shop drawings.
Gary On 2/26/2014 10:01 AM, Polhemus, William wrote:
Or doesn't care. This is unfortunately one of those situations where the owner has the contractor already on site, and whatever the contractor says, that's the way it is as far as the owner's concerned.In this case I am expecting the contractor to tell the owner that this is a change order, because he was expecting the engineer to provide all of this information. And the owner will just take that as gospel.William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E. 5On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:31 AM, "Paul Ransom" <PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca> wrote: Bill,Sounds like they want "shop drawings." As a start, SDI Standard Practice Details. Forty pages of deck details.
Truncated 658 characters in the previous message to save energy. -------------------------------------------------------------------------Post your message to the list by sending it to: SEAINT-SEAOSC(--nospam--at)mail-list.com.
The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web. These archives are located at: http://archive.mail-list.com/SEAINT-SEAOSC To contact the list owner, send your message to: SEAINT-SEAOSC-list-owner(--nospam--at)mail-list.com. Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG) To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here. <http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=seaint-seaosc&nm=seaintma%40euken.net>
- Prev by Subject: Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck
- Next by Subject: Rebar cost comparison
- Previous by thread: Re: Questions regarding composite steel form-deck
- Next by thread: Ontario Building Code