Repair of Glulam Beams

1)      I have a repair project that has glulams that have been exposed to
weather for the last 15 years or so.  No marks for guessing what happened.

2)      The degradation is at bracket locations which were not flashed to
protect.

3)      Deconstruction is not easily attempted due the original
construction order.

4)      The first thought was to simply remove degraded material as best as
possible and replace with similar lamination material and adhesives.

I have seen this/similar question posed in previous posts but don't have a
record of the responses.

Does anyone have some advice on the practicability of simply replacing bad
material in glulams?  I.e. what am I missing here?

Thanks

Thor