Re: Steel shop drawing

Daryl
the major question why there is no recommendation on the code for shop
drawing to be approved by building dept. after been reviewed by engineer of
 record if there is one where in the code (icc 2012)
I like see the response for two option
1- the structural steel erection is  finished
2-the structural steel erection is almost finished, floors , walls roof

thanks
NW

On Mar 3, 2014, at 11:59 AM, Daryl <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca> wrote:

> Sir,
>
> If you have a moment frame that has been constructed with no approved
> shop drawings and if there are no moment connections in the finished and
> installed structure you may  have a major problem. The way you have
> written your posting makes the situation a little bit unclear to me.
> Firstly, are you the structural engineer of record?  I'm assuming you are
> when I write the following. Secondly, when you say "the job almost
> finishe" do you mean: the structural steel erection is almost finished;
> or the whole project, including floors, walls, roof, etc., is almost
> finished? If it's the structural steel that is almost finished you should
> meet with the person you have a contract with (probably the architect)
> and with general contractor and get a written commitment from the general
> contractor as to what will be done and when it will be done. If it's the
> entire project that is almost finished this has gone on much too long.
> Meet with the person you have a contract with first, to explain the
> situation (He may want to have the owner or financier involved since
> money may have been paid for work that was not properly done; but don't
> you make that decision) then have the meeting I suggested in the last
> paragraph.  If the meetings don't go as well as you would like you may

Truncated 1217 characters in the previous message to save energy.