Parapet located in interior if roof

I have a project where an addition is being added next to the existing building but not tied to it. The architect had called out a 4" deep 2-hour shaft wall at this joint. The two roofs are about the same elevation so the cantilevered portion of this wall is a 5 foot high parapet located at the interior of the overall building. Would a parapet in this sort of situation be designed as a typical parapet on the building perimeter? We have options to keeping the parapet height as is and switching from CH studs to heavier gage C studs and narrowing the stud spacing or reducing the parapet height if this parapet has to be designed as a typical parapet.

--
*
Drew Morris, PE*| Project Engineer