Re: Sill bolts on metal decking question.

Joe,
You can put shear into a 4" slab using expansion bolts, just use the values
from the anchor manufacturer's specs based on your slab thickness.  You
won't get a lot of shear, but if you have a shear wall you can put as many
anchors along the wall as you need.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Joe Venuti <jovenengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net> wrote:

> Thanks much'  my question was more related too; if I don't place steel
> beams below shear walls except at holdown locations is it practical to
> drill in post installed anchors into the concrete slab ?  Preferably at
> the lowest flute areas of the decking.

Truncated 723 characters in the previous message to save energy.