From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Andrew Kester
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:56 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Sill bolts on metal decking question.

Joe,
You can put shear into a 4" slab using expansion bolts, just use the values
from the anchor manufacturer's specs based on your slab thickness.  You
won't get a lot of shear, but if you have a shear wall you can put as many
anchors along the wall as you need.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Joe Venuti <jovenengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net> wrote:

> Thanks much'  my question was more related too; if I don't place steel
> beams below shear walls except at holdown locations is it practical to
> drill in post installed anchors into the concrete slab ?  Preferably
> at the lowest flute areas of the decking.

Truncated 355 characters in the previous message to save energy.