From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Drew Morris
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:56 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Sill bolts on metal decking question.

Not sure if this helps.  I have a project for a building addition where we
are framing with steel stud walls on concrete filled steel floor deck that
are over W beams.  We added welded threaded studs to the W beams that
project up so the steel sill track can be connected.  I ended up using
holdowns bolted to the beam web that have the threaded rod extending up
through the beam flange/floor to a holdown screwed to the stud.

I don't see an immediate problem with what you are doing by adding the
shear connectors later.  I assume that whatever fastener you use has an ICC
 report or equivalent.

On 3/5/2014 10:31 AM, Joe Venuti wrote:
> Andrew
>
> I am looking for opinions and experiences with this method or steel
> beam below shear wall.

Truncated 767 characters in the previous message to save energy.