Re: Sill bolts on metal decking question.

The studs will be welded after the deck is down similar to headed studs for a composite floor system.

On 3/5/2014 11:57 AM, Joe Venuti wrote:
Drew

Did they install the welded studs thru the decking or before the decking
was installed.

Did you plug weld, shot pin or screw the decking to the beams ?

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Drew Morris
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:56 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Sill bolts on metal decking question.

Not sure if this helps. I have a project for a building addition where we are framing with steel stud walls on concrete filled steel floor deck that are over W beams. We added welded threaded studs to the W beams that project up so the steel sill track can be connected. I ended up using holdowns bolted to the beam web that have the threaded rod extending up through the beam flange/floor to a holdown screwed to the

Truncated 547 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
*
Drew Morris, PE*| Project Engineer