Re: Photovoltaic panel weights

The panels are supposed to be flush to the roof so won't add snow drifting.
On 3/17/2014 1:41 PM, Paul Blomberg wrote:
We just went through this and I just received actual loads in a submittal. We average out at 3.5 psf for the PV's, frames, roof mounts and misc.
conduits.

I used to have 12 psf for the photovoltaics but that is very conservative. If you are in snow country, have fun calculating the roof snow contribution.

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ