-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Joseph Grill Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:55 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] [SEAINT-SEAOC] EOR and Special Inspections and
 contracts

Great questions.  I'll be looking forward to replies.  I think the discussion
 will also apply to smaller projects such as residential and custom residential
 projects where local building dept. requirements (minimum requirements)
drive an owners desires for a less costly design which may then clash with
a more prudent design from an engineering point of view.  An example might
be a minimum requirement of 1500 psf soil bearing pressure (from building
dept) . The owner assumes that an engineers requirement for a geotechnical
study being done is then extremely excessive and overly expensive since the
building department does not require it. Where I think very prudent and good
"insurance" for all involved.  I just lost a nice project due to that.

On Mar 19, 2014 8:36 PM, "Ricardo Gonzalez" <ricardog(--nospam--at)cswst2.com> wrote:

> Hello Fellow Engineers,
>
> It has been my practice to avoid performing Special Inspections except
> for those construction administration tasks that can also be
> categorized as Structural Observations.  For instance, I have no
> issues wearing the Special Inspection hat for light frame residential
> construction when I observe rebar placement, footing excavations,

Truncated 633 characters in the previous message to save energy.