Re: Civil Drainage Question

The original poster said the uphill lot is UN-developed. But does that mean
it was cleared for a subdivision, graded, etc, and never built upon? Or is
it truly in its native condition, in which case, I don't think there is any
recourse.

The codes in Florida in regards to drainage are pretty strict, which is a
good thing in my opinion. But the enforcement, especially in single-family
in-fill lot construction (not mass developments), leaves a lot to be
desired. They are building a house across the street from me right now, and
if they continue as it appears I will have to pay the city a visit for some
'splaining.

In full disclosure, my area of expertise is structural and forensic
engineering, but you do not need that much civil engineering knowledge to
figure out water runs down hill (I know, old joke, but true).

Andrew Kester, PE
Florida