Custom-made structural wood

Hello Fellow Engineers,

Happy Friday.  I have a good one for you.  So a potential client has plans
on a one-story wood frame cottage in his property.  He wishes to cut down
trees on his property, mill them to lumber and use that to frame his cottage.
 Now, we did a project similar to this a few years ago, and I believe I
prepared some sort of visual inspection program to verify species, grade,
etc.  Wondering first if you had a similar project.  Is preparing such an
inspection program a reasonable approach?  I suppose I should consult with
WCLA or other grading agencies.

Cheers,

Ricardo G. Gonzalez, P.E.
C S W | S T 2
CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group, Inc.
45 Leveroni Court, Novato, CA  94949
Civil Engineering ∙ Structural Engineering
Planning ∙ Land Surveying & Mapping

main: 415-883-9850          fax: 415-883-9836
direct: 415-884-6442        e-mail: RicardoG(--nospam--at)cswst2.com
links: Web Site<http://www.cswst2.com/> ∙ Blog<http://blog.cswst2.com/>
∙ LinkedIn<http://cirrus.mail-list.com/seaint-seaosc/18032077.html>
∙ Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/CSWST2> ∙ Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/cswst2>

"This message is intended solely for the recipient identified above and
should not be opened, read, or utilized by any other party. This message
shall not be construed as official project information or direction except
as expressly provided in the contract documents"