Re: More Canada ???

Bill,

We don’t use the AISC conversions to SI. We tend to be more liberal in our
 Imperial-SI conversions. The design standards are calibrated to the metric
calculations but are frequently dimensionally non-specific (e.g. use
consistent dimensions and you get appropriate results).

So, W6x15 = W150x22

Fy = 50 ksi = 350 MPa (vs 345 MPa per AISC)

We still do projects in either system. Bolts are usually spec’d as imperial
 size but occasionally I see M20 instead of ¾” on an SI project.

CISC provides a cross-reference table of sections in the Handbook of Steel
Construction.

They also have a spreadsheet that is available with all section properties
in metric.

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.