RE: More Canada ???

Sounds like a short list of reasons we invariably push back against converting
 to SI.

Personally, I don't give a rat's furry rump either way. I just wish we'd
fish or cut bait.

In 1996, my employer at the time prepared a large set of highway plans for
a Texas DOT project in the Rio Grande Valley. TxDOT had decided to get ahead
 of the curve since the Federal DOT had mandated switching to SI for future
 projects, and this was one of the first jobs under the new SI standards.

As we were completing that project, Congress put everything off indefinitely
 for the mandatory conversion. (Interestingly, the contractor on our highway
 project had an entire office trailer full of junior engineers whose task
was to go through our plans and convert everything to feet, inches, pounds,
cubic yards, etc. so their predominately Mexican workforce could use them).

In TxDOT's case, they had spent untold thousands of publicly-funded manhours
 coming up with brand new specs and standards. Since they were going to all
 that trouble they decided to take the opportunity to completely revamp their
 entire body of standard documents so it wasn't simply a conversion to SI,
but an addition of new standards and a major revamp of old standards.

When they pulled the plug on SI conversion, TxDOT had to spend another few
thousand manhours taking the SI versions they'd just published and converting
 THEM to Imperial units!

Progress!