Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Positive Connection

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

I specifically wanted my question to be generic - as the term is widely used 
 without being defined (at least I could not find anything). For example, 
ASCE 7-10, several instances: "A positive connection for resisting a horizontal 
 force acting parallel to the member shall be provided for each beam, girder, 
 or truss either directly to its supporting elements, or to slabs designed 
to act as diaphragms."


Steve Gordin SE

On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:09 PM, "Kavsak, Paul M." <kavsakpm(--nospam--at)> 

> Steve,
> Can you provide a context for the use of the term in question? (And/or 
> what kind of document do you find it in: code, letter, specification?)
> Thanks,
> Paul M. Kavsak, P.E.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at) [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)] On
> Behalf Of Steve Gordin Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:00 PM
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)
> Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Positive Connection
> Good Morning,
> Can somebody help me finding an authoritative reference for the definition 
> of "positive connection?"

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.