Re: Positive Connection

Paul,

I specifically wanted my question to be generic - as the term is widely used
 without being defined (at least I could not find anything). For example,
ASCE 7-10, several instances: "A positive connection for resisting a horizontal
 force acting parallel to the member shall be provided for each beam, girder,
 or truss either directly to its supporting elements, or to slabs designed
to act as diaphragms."

Thanks,

Steve Gordin SE