-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Gordin Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:31 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Positive Connection

Paul,

I specifically wanted my question to be generic - as the term is widely used
 without being defined (at least I could not find anything). For example,
ASCE 7-10, several instances: "A positive connection for resisting a horizontal
 force acting parallel to the member shall be provided for each beam, girder,
 or truss either directly to its supporting elements, or to slabs designed
to act as diaphragms."

Thanks,

Steve Gordin SE

On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:09 PM, "Kavsak, Paul M." <kavsakpm(--nospam--at)westinghouse.com>
 wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Can you provide a context for the use of the term in question? (And/or
> what kind of document do you find it in: code, letter, specification?)

Truncated 420 characters in the previous message to save energy.