Re: Positive Connection

Agreed with all opinions expressed.
Was looking for some kind of authoritative printed definition though.
Thanks,
Steve
______________________________
V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
2081 Business Center Drive #105
Irvine CA 92612
949-552-5244
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Andrew Kester <akester74(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

> To me that means an actual engineered mechanical connection to ensure force
> transfer between two members, whether that be from bolts, screws, nails,
> welds, rebar in concrete, etc. You can't just count on the forces just
> "getting there".
>
> I think the word "positive" in this instance is a bit superfluous.
>
> Andrew Kester, PE
> Florida
>
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Steve Gordin <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>wrote:
>

>> Paul,
>>
>> I specifically wanted my question to be generic - as the term is widely
>> used
>> without being defined (at least I could not find anything). For example,
>> ASCE 7-10, several instances: "A positive connection for resisting a
>> horizontal

Truncated 397 characters in the previous message to save energy.