Re: Positive Connection

To a point I agree. The problem is "positive" is too broad a term. Anything
slightly stronger than a slip connection is "positive". Steve's original
post sounds like an argument, between an owner/contractor/plan
reviewer/LAWYER, as to why there is a problem with a connection.
On Apr 17, 2014 8:23 PM, "Kulwant Brah" <bpce(--nospam--at)aol.com> wrote:

> Our understanding of Positive connection is mechanical connection using
> bolts, nails, screws, nails etc., to resist/transfer loads or brace
> components
> (i.e. post base).
>
> It cannot be friction based connection. We always provide positive
> connection
> (as defined above).
>
> The only exception we have used is at slip critical bolt connections. In
> these cases if SC mode fails, there is adequate capacity in bolt bearing.
>
> The other exception is at building foundation.
>
> Kulwant S. Brah, S.E.

Truncated 742 characters in the previous message to save energy.