Re: Positive Connection

I think the ambiguity stems from the lack of definition of what defines positive, is it 10 pounds, 100, or a 1000?, is a single nail all what is needed or a few bolts? maybe it should be some percentage of the axial load, as you said, it is too broad

Tarek Mokhtar, SE

To a point I agree. The problem is "positive" is too broad a term. Anything slightly stronger than a slip connection is "positive". Steve's original
post sounds like an argument, between an owner/contractor/plan
reviewer/LAWYER, as to why there is a problem with a connection.