Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: CAD Layer Naming - Sheet Pile Wall

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
While the nomenclature is a bit cumbersome, the national standards seem to
make sense. I've seen plenty of drawings in layer "foundation." :-/

As for the sheet pile layer, would it be a permanent feature, temporary
shoring, or other. I guess whatever makes most sense to you, the cad
operator and ultimately the client if the drawings are submitted to them at
the end of the project. Maybe, just call the layer "S-SHEET-PILE."

Good luck.

On Thursday, April 24, 2014, Polhemus, William <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)>

> Anyone use the National CAD Standard layer naming system or similar?
> If so, what do you use for a Sheet Pile wall? Structural? SB-XXXX ? Or
> Civil?
> Can't seem to figure out the appropriate classification.
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
> Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
> CRA Engineering Group, Inc.
> 6320 Rothway
> Suite 100
> Houston, TX 77040
> Phone: (713) 734-3090
> Direct: (832) 485-5251
> Cell: (281) 450-8426
> Fax: (832)485-5213
> Email: wpolhemus(--nospam--at) <javascript:;>

Truncated 1003 characters in the previous message to save energy.

David Topete, SE

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.