Re: Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber framed structures

Thor,
I am with you on this. My calcs always have a higher force at the higher level. I also use Tedds to check my calcs and it always gives a higher force at the upper levels. Just did two 2 storey bldgs in the past year. You should hear the framers yelp when they see all the nailing and plywood required. The usual statement is "I have never seen anything like this in 30 years". Another friend had the same experience.
Gary