Re: Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber framed structures

Thor,

Per NBC 4.1.8.11.6).

Shear at any levelx, Fx = (Base shear)*( Wx* htx)/(sum (Wi*hti)) = 0.166*Wx
special case for uniform floor loads.

You can confirm this with a simple spreadsheet.

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.

Paul Ransom Engineering

PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:01:56 -0700
> From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
> Subject: Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber framed structures
>
> 1)      I am reviewing a peer's design for a 2-storied residential
> development/renovation.
>
> 2)      In Canada we have an "Engineering Guide for Wood Frame
Construction"
> (a design process somewhere between "prescriptive" and "engineered")
which