-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Ransom Sent: April-28-14 4:13 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber
 framed structures

Thor,

Per NBC 4.1.8.11.6).

Shear at any levelx, Fx = (Base shear)*( Wx* htx)/(sum (Wi*hti)) = 0.166*Wx
 special case for uniform floor loads.

You can confirm this with a simple spreadsheet.

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.

Paul Ransom Engineering

PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:01:56 -0700
> From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
> Subject: Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber framed

Truncated 894 characters in the previous message to save energy.