Beam to Girder Connection Problem

Hello List,

I've got a project that I've got to replace some rotting
roof beams with new steel beams.  The existing beams
are wood beams 10.5" x 10.5".  The client wants to
add a beam hoist to the underside of the new steel roof
beams.  The new load makes the new steel beams deeper
than the 10.5" that the old beams had.

The problem is that the wood beams sat on top of a steel
girder.  Now I've got to come up with a connection that can
transfer the load from the new steel beams to the girder.

I'm looking at a W14x68 for the new beams.

I was thinking that I might use a single-plate shear connector
attached to the top of the girder and bolt the W14's web to
the shear connector, and cope the bottom of the beam to fit
around the top flange of the girder.

What, if any, problems to you see with this connection/situation.
I've not coped the bottoms of a beam in a beam/girder connection
before, only the top when the tops need to be at the same elevation.

I have a roof deck attached to the top flange of the new roof
beams to stiffen the beam over it's entire length, though I'm
likely to add some angle iron braces since the roof deck is wood
and has also rotted like the wood beams.  I don't want to rely
on the replacement deck to be the only brace if it rots at some
point in the future, too.

Thank you for any feedback,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.