Re: Beam to Girder Connection Problem

Lloyd,

In the past when I have been faced with replacing or reinforcing an existing wood beam I have often found that I could sister the existing wood beam with two steel channels, one on either side. To equal a W14x68 you will probably have to use two C15s; but you should be able to cut the ends back to 10.5" and set them on the steel girder as per the existing wood beam. The added steel weight should be paid for by eliminating the need for shoring and demolition.

        It's just a thought.

Regards,

Daryl