Re: Basements in the Wilds of Alberta?

Yeah, digging the hole isn't so much the issue as that we typically use sheet
 pile to form this kind of thing - it's a pipe valve vault - a dry well
essentially.

I think we're not going to be able to drive sheet pile to the desired
elevation. The "bedrock" is pretty soft in the first meter or so, and fractured
 generally but driving sheet pile is a no-go.

So what's the alternative?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5