Re: Beam to Girder Connection Problem

Wow,

Thank you all who responded to my question.  I really
appreciate the suggestions.  A couple of the suggestions
really helped me to think differently about the solution
to this problem.

That's why I love this list.  What a great resource you
all are.

Thank you all,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.

On 1 May 2014 at 7:47, Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. wrote:

> Lloyd,
> How about cutting 3.75" out of the bottom of the beam and welding 2
> angles on to the beam at the cope so that you simulate a beam at this
> end. Cut the cope so it has a radius. Extend the angles past the cope
> by a length at least equal to the length of the cope. Gary
>
> On 4/30/2014 2:45 PM, Lloyd wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I've got a project that I've got to replace some rotting
>> roof beams with new steel beams.  The existing beams
>> are wood beams 10.5" x 10.5".  The client wants to
>> add a beam hoist to the underside of the new steel roof
>> beams.  The new load makes the new steel beams deeper
>> than the 10.5" that the old beams had.
>>
>> The problem is that the wood beams sat on top of a steel
>> girder.  Now I've got to come up with a connection that can
>> transfer the load from the new steel beams to the girder.

Truncated 357 characters in the previous message to save energy.

neers.com>