-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Ransom Sent: May-01-14 5:59 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Distribution of Seismic loads in simple timber
 framed structures

Thor,

Okay, now you've got me looking at this again. I deleted the spreadsheet
that I used to generate my response and I can't duplicate the numbers. I
hope that the spreadsheet that I normally use has the correct logic .

Yup. My error. Fx = 0.166*Wx*(hx/total ht)

The spreadsheet that I use derives 0.166*Wx as an intermediate step and then
 applies it at the required level. I've gotten to rely too much on what's
embedded and lost touch with the meaning. Ouch.

Regards

Paul

PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca

> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 01:24:21 -0700
> From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>

Truncated 1022 characters in the previous message to save energy.