Re: SMACNA Manual

Hope this is what you wanted,

ASCE 7-10
13 Seismic Design Requirements for NonStructural Components
13.1.3 Component Importance Factor
All components shall be assigned a component importance factor as indicated
 in this section.  The component importance factor, Ip, shall be taken as
1.5 if any of the following conditions apply:
1. The component is required to function for life-safety purposes after an
earthquake, including fire protection sprinkler systems and egress stairways.

2. The component conveys, supports, or otherwise contains toxic, highly
toxic, or explosive substances where the quantity of the material exceeds a
 threshold quantity established by the authority having jurisdiction and is
 sufficient to pose a threat to the public if released.
3. The component is in or attached to a Risk Category IV structure, and it
is needed for continued operation of the facility or its failure could impair
 the continued operation of the facility.
4. The component conveys, supports, or otherwise contains hazardous substances
 and is attached to a structure or portion thereof classified by the authority
 having jurisdiction as a hazardous occupancy.

All other components shall be assigned component importance factor Ip, equal
 to 1.0

Exemptions ...
Furniture
Temporary or moveable equipment
Architectural stuff in B
Mech. & Elect. in B
Mech. & Elect. in C, provided Ip = 1.0
Mech & Elect. in D provided Ip = 1.0, positive attachment, flexible connection
 if <400 lbs & < 4' above floor or <20 lbs.
Valerie Eskelsen
636-448-3639 (cell)