Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Wood Shear Wall Deflections?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I think WoodWorks has a module to do this, though I have yet to play around
with it at work.

On Monday, May 19, 2014, <lrhauer(--nospam--at)> wrote:

> Bill,
> Well, if you want to foot the bill, RISA 3D will do FTAO with the results
> showing the deflections due to HD's, wall, etc. Don't know of any otehr
> software that will do this. Enercalc was supposed to several years ago,
> (plywood shear walls with oepnings), but they kind of dropped the ball on
> this as well as other dissapointments.
> Larry Hauer, S.E.
> -----Original Message-----
>> From: "T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E." <bill(--nospam--at)ALLENDESIGNS.COM<javascript:;> 
>> Sent: May 19, 2014 3:34 PM
>> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at) <javascript:;>
>> Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Wood Shear Wall Deflections?
>> Where can I find the formula and an example of a wood shear wall with an
>> opening designed for force transfer around openings, not perforated?

Truncated 714 characters in the previous message to save energy.

David Topete, SE

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.