-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:57 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Wood Shear Wall Deflections?

Thanks, everyone for the help.

I was able to figure it out using a couple of versions of the Seismic Design
 Manual published by the Structural Engineers Association of California. The
 latest version, based on 2012 IBC, describes the method, but doesn't go
through the calculations. I went back to the Seismic Design Manual based on
 the 2006 IBC to get the methodology and then substituted the new deflection
 equations (3 term instead of 4 term per 2008 Special Design Provisions for
 Wind and Seismic). A little convoluted, but I got it done. It would have
been nice if the problem would have been solved in the SDM.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA 2607)
A L L E N   D E S I G N S
Consulting Structural Engineers
33171 Paseo Cerveza, Suite 221