RE: Adding Stainless Steel Base Plates

I am not certain that beyond material information, any of this would be
useful to Larry Hauer since he's trying to fasten down a big beer keg, but
I thought I'd mention it while I was thinking of it.

For Everyone's Information:

There is now an AISC Design Guide No. 27 "Structural Stainless Steel".

>From the Introduction:

"This Design Guide is written for engineers experienced in the design of
carbon steel structural components but not necessarily in the design of
stainless steel structures. It is aligned with the design provisions in the
 2010 AISC Specification for Structural Steel Buildings (AISC, 2010c),
hereafter referred to as the AISC Specification. ... The guidance is based
on the provisions in the European Design Manual for Structural Stainless
Steel (Euro Inox and SCI, 2006a) and Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures,
Supplementary Rules for Stainless Steels, Part 1-4 (CEN, 2006a). This Design
Guide follows the guidance in the AISC Specification as closely as possible
and the recommendations have, as much as possible, been harmonized with it."

The SSINA information is more general, giving you some material specs, common
 sizes available, etc., whereas "Euro Inox and SCI" and "Eurocode 3" contain
 design provisions more like what we are used to with the AISC Specification.

The SCI 2006a (Third Edition, I believe) is relatively easy to find online.
 I haven't tried to find Eurocode 3.

Bill P.