Re: Masonry Question

I was told recently by a plan checker that I could not use caissons to support a retaining wall, swear I am not making this up

Tarek

Idiotic as it was (increase the anchor diameter by 14", and the embedment
by 2") the requirement in my case was the last holdout of the initial list of like 12 comments. After a couple of teleconferences with the building official and planchecker on one side and a hysterical client on the other
side,  I decided that it was wise to cave in on this single issue.  And I
did.

V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers
2081 Business Center Drive #105
Irvine CA 92612
949-552-5244
sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com

On Jun 4, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Tarek Mokhtar <Tarekmokhtar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>