Re: Masonry Question

He did not offer an alternative, Had to meet with the building official, and HE needed convincing as well

How did they want it supported?

On 6/4/2014 2:05 PM, Tarek Mokhtar wrote:
I was told recently by a plan checker that I could not use caissons to support a retaining wall, swear I am not making this up

Tarek

Idiotic as it was (increase the anchor diameter by 14", and the embedment by 2") the requirement in my case was the last holdout of the initial list of like 12 comments. After a couple of teleconferences with the building official and planchecker on one side and a hysterical client on the other side, I decided that it was wise to cave in on this single issue. And I did.

V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers