        Thanks for reminding me of the misallignment problem.

Regards,

Daryl
On 08/06/2014 2:11 PM, Polhemus, William wrote:
Observation: The CAUSE might be mechanical, but the PROBLEM is, nonetheless, structural.

That is, the solution will be a structural engineering solution, since it's unlikely the mechanical equipment can be so easily altered or adjusted.
-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Daryl Richardson Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 2:58 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Crane Runway Bracing Vibration

1.) Uneven drive wheel forces which would also cause racking of the bridge, hence, horizontal reactions of the runway beams. If this happens I would expect unanticipated deflections at the top of the columns. It would also mean that the problem is mechanical rather than structural.