Re: Crane Runway Bracing Vibration

Thanks Daryl, Bill and Himanshu,
We did consider some of the things mentioned and my customer assures me that they looked at those things. My fear is that as they have never encountered these problems before (same as me) they may not know what they are looking at or for. I did discuss the problem with Bob MacCrimmon and we did discuss things such as uneven wheels, worn whl flanges, worn rails, etc. I will call my customer today to discuss these things further.
Gary

On 6/8/2014 6:37 PM, Polhemus, William wrote:
Look forward to hearing about it.

This hasn't come up for me before, but we sure are seeing a lot of cranes
going in.

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Daryl Richardson Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 5:32 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Crane Runway Bracing Vibration

Bill, Gary,

Actually, if one of the end trucks (or, for that matter, one of the
wheels) is misalligned the problem won't go away until the misallignment
is corrected.  No matter how much structure Gary builds the "crabing" or
"racking" will not go away and may, in fact, result in some problem that is worse that vibrating bracing.

I still have a good relationship with my former client who sell,

Truncated 458 characters in the previous message to save energy.