Re: Bay Bridge's troubled China connection

Dear Dr. Astaneh-Asl,

Thank you for being on top of this issue.

Assuming the article is accurate, this is really bad.
This is politics at its worst - the ends justify the means.  How can this
be allowed to go on for years - on broad daylight? How can lawyers and
politicians control - and disregard - the safety of the public so blatantly?
 Even without any professional considerations, don't these guys have any
conscience or shame? Will anybody be held responsible - ever?

Thanks again,

V. Steve Gordin PhD
Licensed Structural Engineer
SGE Consulting Structural Engineers